Says high interest rates, tax broadening and exchange rate flexibility are all necessary.
FBR has sent several rejoinders since October this year, but the UAE finance ministry has yet to respond to these.
A total of 42 new schemes worth Rs17 billion were added to the Public Sector Development Programme 2019-20.
Sindh cabinet decides to spend money deposited by Bahria Town on development projects.
Committee formed to ensure smooth and timely distribution of wheat to Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Lack of positive triggers and an increase in the electricity tariff from Dec 1 put a downward pressure on key sectors.
$1 billion allocated for the Economic Stabilisation Programme, rest will be used to reform the energy sector.
The whopping cash surplus refunded to help the federal government meet its fiscal targets committed to IMF.
Ilyas Bilour demands immediate action against all those responsible for the delay in the completion of the project.
CM Buzdar says those involved in corruption not only usurped the rights of the public but also committed treason.
Exchange Rates for Currency Notes
|Countries||Selling (Rs.)||Buying (Rs.)|
The entire stabilisation is based on shaky ground.
The experience of China — and more recently of India — provides some interesting learning points for Pakistan.
The country’s ranking in the ease of doing business jumped 28 places to 108th in 2019.
Published in Dawn, The Business and Finance Weekly, December 9th, 2019
- Citibank Pakistan gives ringing endorsement to govt’s economic policies
- Tariff concessions under CPFTA from Jan 1
- Release of 50,000 tonnes of wheat to Sindh ordered
- Senators allege bribery as development portfolio modified post budget
- E-commerce policy delayed
- CDWP approves 11 projects worth Rs72bn
- Stocks tumble 289 points in overbought market
- Slow buying on cotton market