“Primarily the best interest of the farmers is a predominant factor,” says Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar.
Economy facing short-term issues in the wake of rising external account deficit, country director says.
Expected to be completed at a cost of $2.1 billion, the project is required to begin operations from March 2021.
Coal-fired power plants at Port Qasim will start generating 1,320 megawatts of electricity by next month, Ali says.
Corrective measures for speedy clearance of due refunds and early payments of cash export subsidies helped the rebound.
Govt should ensure predictable and transparent policies to motivate manufacturers to invest more, ex-officials assert.
The bank scrip dropped by 4.4pc amid high volumes, as memories of the HBL episode were revived in minds of investors.
In all, 188 million shares worth Rs8.5 billion changed hands during the session.
The continuation of the scheme is an award for Pakistan’s progress in enacting new laws and developing new institutions.
Rest of the shares to be sold by April 15, privatisation minister tells Senate, NA.
- Nepra issues licence for Matiari-Lahore line
- Next 10 years crucial for Pakistan’s economy: WB
- Textile exports jump 13pc
- PSO profit down 15pc
- UBL share hit by rumours following disclosure
- Stocks stay bearish as political noise gets louder
- Used cars’ import policy reversal perturbs auto parts makers
- Moot held on use of Chinese yuan