Senators discussing the problem call for moving to solar power.
"It's really surprising that lower cadre officers are interrogating top officials of companies," says business community
The country has received a total of $128 million in FDI during July compared to $233.8m same month last year.
Senate chairman stresses need to rectify country’s heavily negative trade balance at the same time.
The lira has lost nearly 40pc of its value against the dollar this year.
US president says he asked Securities and Exchange Commission to let public companies file reports every 6 months.
Bourse gains 485 points after multiple losing sessions.
The US pressure could lead to ‘stricter’ conditions by the IMF to bailout Pakistan, says rating agency.
Utilities blame each other for the failure at public hearing presided over by Nepra chairman.
Two individuals from Deloitte appointed as joint provisional liquidators by the DIFC courts to oversee the process.
- SBP move slows down trading on open market
- Business community pins high hopes on PTI govt
- Growing global trade tensions haunt oil producers
- Stocks suffer heavy losses in shortened week
- US close to a new trade deal with Mexico
- One wallet to rule them all?
- US tech giants plan to fight India’s data localisation plans
- Iran says its economy not at ‘dead end’ from US sanctions
- Chile copper mine workers end strike
- Slow trading on cotton market
- Venezuela on edge as Maduro unveils raft of economic reforms
- Mahathir tours Alibaba
- ‘NAB actions shattering investors’ confidence’
- Weekly inflation crawls up 0.41pc
- Sanjrani raises trade imbalance with Chinese team
- Foreign investment plummets 45pc