Retention period of plant, machinery and equipment brought under export facilitation schemes is reduced to 5 years.
Minister says borrowing facility comes ‘on a concessional rate’.
Many market watchers continue to term the budget as negative that would escalate inflation.
A protest rally culminated at the Karachi Press Club as well as in Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Multan and Gujarat.
Finance Minister Zahoor Ahmed Buledi will present the first budget of the present government in the assembly.
The new Alto 660cc will replace Mehran.
It was the first such protests in the Alpine nation in 28 years.
Consumers will pay additional Rs1.49 per unit for 15 months from July 1.
According to the budget document, the federal transfer for FY20 is expected at Rs835.3bn compared to Rs665bn.
New tax measures are expected to yield Rs11 billion in additional revenue in 2019-20.
- Incentives to boost tech usage in export sectors
- Stocks turn bullish in budget week
- Exporters demand restoration of zero-rated status
- Alto 660cc launched
- Sailing into the crude twilight zone
- Balochistan budget on 19th
- An all-in-one portal for schooling
- Women strike in Switzerland for fairer pay, more equality
- Cotton market steady
- Ship agents fear hike in freight cost
- Power tariff raised to recover Rs190bn under IMF deal
- Punjab budget 2019-20: Punjab’s social sectors get lion’s share in Rs350bn ADP
- World Bank approves $518m for tax projects
- Sindh budget 2019-20: Sindh plans Rs285bn development spending
- 32pc hike expected in federal transfers
- Punjab's new tax measures to yield extra Rs11bn