Petroleum division says the economic growth rate has slowed due to the fiscal stabilisation programme.
Policy U-turns do not bode well for investment or employment, says Pakistan Business Council.
Ghandhara Nissan Ltd (GNL) has not received any road map from Nissan regarding localisation of parts.
"Transparency and accountability are among the top priorities of the government," says the president.
Outflow of profits and dividends increase by 10pc despite lower outflows from foreign portfolio investment.
Britain leaves the EU next week, followed by a "business as usual" transition that ends in December.
Two Chinese cities at the epicentre of a virus outbreak have been put in lock down.
Shibli Faraz says that it's beyond comprehension as to why Pakistan took so long to come up with GI legislation.
Strategic framework will look beyond traditional zero-rated export sectors.
Latest data shows that bilateral trade volume plunged in the first half of this fiscal year.
Exchange Rates for Currency Notes
|Countries||Selling (Rs.)||Buying (Rs.)|
Airlift, Cheetay and Bykea ride away with the lion’s share of overall investment, picking up $27.7 million in 2019.
A survey by global market research firm Ipsos revealed that the trust of the people in Pakistan’s economy has weakened.
When media owners get their expensive cameras insured and leave the cameraman uncovered,...
Published in Dawn, The Business and Finance Weekly, January 20th, 2020
- Industry deplores ‘knee-jerk U-turns’ in economic policy
- Incentives in the works to diversify exports
- Uncertainty hits Datsun car project
- Six-month profit outflow rises to $836m
- Senate committee reviews Geographical Indications law
- Bearish spell continues on stock market
- Commodities: Slow trading on cotton market
- Palm oil falls
- UK watchdog tells markets: be ready in case of no EU trade deal
- Gold price dips
- ‘Hire at least one woman director’
- Oil falls 2pc as spectre of China virus threatens fuel demand
- Corporate Watch
- Imran discusses economy with IMF, ADB chiefs
- Trump revives trade battle with Europe
- Indo-Pak trade plunges in six months