PPP members stage sit-in outside Speaker’s office for a second consecutive day.
ANP leader Zahid Khan has urged the opposition parties to bring a no-confidence motion against the Senate chairman.
Interestingly, Senate’s Deputy Chairman Saleem Mandviwala, who belongs to the PPP, was chairing the session.
Lawyers also want information on the number of false complaints dismissed by the council.
Speaker didn’t allow opposition leader to speak about arrests by NAB.
“A sudden ban on polythene bags could lead to industrial, economic crisis,” says Chief Secretary Yousaf Naseem Khokhar.
This was stated by AJK President Sardar Masood Khan.
The house unanimously passed the budget without any change.
- Accord on dignified repatriation of Afghan refugees
- Pakistan, eight other countries to account for half of population growth by 2050
- ISI chief meets PM
- PM assures Sanjrani of support if opposition tries to remove him
- Pakistan, Japan sign MoU on defence cooperation
- Man arrested over remarks against PM, army chief
- Lawyers pen letter to SJC about basis for references
- Balochistan’s budget to be presented today
- Govt files complaint with UK office over BBC report
- MQM to get another ministry
- High court allows shifting of Sahiwal killings case to Lahore
- Avalanche kills climber, injures six others in Ghizer valley
- Model courts decide over 5,600 cases in 75 days
- Curfew lifted in North Waziristan
- One killed in bomb attack on ANP leader
- Army chief reaffirms commitment to ensure CPEC security
- Investigations uncover China-Pakistan trafficking nexus for prostitution
- Rabbani cautions against reversing 18th Amendment
- PM speaks to anchorperson over ‘slap’ by minister
- No compromise on demands: BNP-M chief
- 23 civil society activists held, sit-in camp uprooted in AJK
- Federal budget assailed
- PPP women hold protest against arrest of Zardari, Faryal in Quetta
- Buzdar raps PML-N